Mar 19, 2012

work/eat SF

Things are about to get unpopular. Because I'm gonna say it: I hate San Francisco. I lived there for a few months and it's just not the place for me. I'll go into detail at a later date about exactly why I hate that city. But where there is hate, there is love. And one thing I loved was the food.

I happened to work in the Ferry Building, which was wonderful and more wonderful when it wasn't a weekend or a holiday when people jam-packed the place. There were delicious restaurants and snack places and ice creams and baked goods and markets - food galore! Out the wazoo. I especially loved the outpost of Miette. I also loved the Frog Hollow tasties and the Mexican place, which I can't remember the name of, but where I ate lunch constantly.

One day I bought the Miette cookbook, which had just come out. And I baked a cake out of it and it was DELICIOUS. Then a few days ago I baked the chocolate sables, which were delicious, but not at all looking-like they do in the book. And I had to add stuff to the recipe to make it work. But I probably did something wrong with their recipe, but my tweaks still resulted in DELICIOUSNESS.

So, I guess what I'm really trying to say, is that despite all the deliciousness, I still hate San Francisco. Why anyone would live there as opposed to New York boggles my mind. I can see sort of why they wouldn't want to live in the far superior city of Los Angeles - because they're plum dummies. But why on earth people I know who've lived in NY who say how they love SF even more just make my robot brain explode with confusion. But to each his or her own. And to my own, I say I LOVE FOOD!

No comments: